Talented, Organised Bands & Entertainers Wanted
An Introduction to Hireaband
"Real agents aren’t bookers any more, they are job creators." - Jeremy Zimmer
From humble beginnings Hireaband has become one of the largest entertainment agencies in the UK. Established in 1999, we have experienced impressive growth year on year and are now responsible for providing many of the entertainers on our roster with a very good living.
Originally providing a service almost exclusively in Scotland, we now operate successfully throughout the whole of Great Britain. To date we have provided our acts with bookings worth in excess of £12 Million.
With offices near Glasgow and in London, Newcastle, Birmingham, Exeter, Maidstone, Manchester, Aberdeen, Belfast and Lincolnshire, we are actively adding to our roster to meet demand.
If you're in a wedding/function/covers band, tribute band/act or DJ then we need to talk to you.
What Kind of Gigs Do We Arrange?
Hireaband specialises in providing live entertainment for weddings, corporate events and private functions. We are looking for entertainers who excel in this market.
Hireaband is constantly improving its service to both clients and entertainers in order to maintain our position as the UK's favourite entertainment agency. As innovators and market leaders we have introduced some revolutionary ideas which continue to win the superb entertainers we work with the business they deserve.
We are aware of the unease experienced by some acts when dealing with agents. There can often be a 'them and us' culture between the two groups, which though unfortunate is, in some cases understandable. As full members of The Agent's Association of Great Britain we are committed to a strict code of conduct and are kept aware of all the new regulations affecting our industry. We feel that a close, open relationship is the only way ahead for an ambitious agency and ambitious entertainers.
While determined to represent only the finest talent available, we also require from entertainers an awareness of good business practice. In return we promise a level of service and commitment unparalleled in the business.
An Entertainment Partnership
We consider ourselves as a dedicated marketing team for entertainers and we are regarded as such by our acts. You can make our job much easier and our sales efforts more successful by complying with the following requests:
What We Expect From You
- From a practical point of view it's essential you have good, reliable transport, PA and lighting equipment.
- You should have current Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment or be prepared to get it.
- If in a band, we prefer to deal with one designated member who has sole control of the diary to avoid double bookings. This person should also preferably have a daytime contact number.
- We need you to commit to keeping us up to date with availability, this helps us provide the fastest response time in the business.
- We need you to be able to perform a set of well known covers. We can't accept bands playing original material or too many really obscure covers, we're not experienced in this market and will be of no use to you.
- MP3 Demos - a minimum of three
- Good Quality Images
- Unbranded video is highly desireable but not essential. We can't use any promo with your name or contact details included
- A Great Reputation
- A Minimum set of 2 hours (or 2 x 45 mins if a tribute act)
- A Daytime Contact Number and address for the diary holder
- A complete repertoire list - (bands and tributes only) in simple document format, not PDF please
- A short biography in simple document format, not PDF please.
- Testimonials which include the reviewers name and venue (we make exceptions for newly formed acts)
- A note of your current direct fees plus any extra charges
Important - We do not have time to visit web links and we do not lift promo material from entertainer sites. Emails asking us to visit web sites will be ignored. Most acts can't be bothered to get all this together and fall at the first hurdle. If you can be bothered to approach us in a professional manner, you'll be in a minority of switched on acts and subsequently much more attractive to us and to our clients.
Please put all of this info into a single file and send to our Head Office via a large file transfer service such as Google Drive or WeTransfer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Can Expect From Us?
- Free inclusion in one of the busiest entertainment web sites in the country.
- We'll ensure you get the fees you need to make gigging through us worthwhile. We also offer free advice on how to price your act for maximum market penetration.
- We'll collect your fees on your behalf in our dedicated Client Account in advance which means you'll never have to worry about getting paid
- For most events, we'll forward your fee by BACS before you play the gig but we will expect you to have developed a track record of one or two successful events before this takes effect. In the event you're not paid in advance you will be paid on the first Monday after the event.
- We will provide clear instructions for each engagement in writing, with realistic set up times and detailed instructions for a smooth running, stress free gig. We'll supply all necessary information on venues and clients. You'll have everything you need to know in writing.
- We actively promote our entertainers both directly to our existing clients and through our heavy media presence and excellent web site. This neatly brings us to the main point of this article.
- Hireaband was started by musicians for musicians, our Managing Director is still a member of the MU and so should you be. We've been through it all, the difficult get ins, impossible hotel staff, worse for wear audiences and wedding guests, freezing van journeys at 2 in the morning, missing family events because of conflicting gigs, and, dare we say it, dodgy agents who think you work for them. We're on your side and we never forget, we work with you.
Attention Scottish Wedding & Function Bands
Due to our position as the biggest booker of live entertainment in Scotland we are particularly looking for new, young and extremely talented covers bands for the wedding, corporate and private function markets.
We'll look after every aspect of your performing career by providing bookings, paying for promotional material including videos, demos, photos, your own web site and business cards. We'll pay for Public Liabitiy Insurance, PAT testing - in fact everything you need to turn your band into a lucrative business.
We'll advise on pricing, image and marketing of the band. This is a package worth thousands of pounds but available only to the very best bands in the business.
In return you must have enough material to perform for up to 3 1/2 hours, reliable transport, a good quality PA system and lighting. A minimum of a 30 minute ceilidh set is also essential (or the willingness to add this to your set).
Everyone in the band must be over the age of 18 and preferably no older than 35. Strong backing vocals will be a huge advantage. You must be prepared to perform anywhere in Scotland at least every Friday and Saturday between April and September (we'll make exceptions for holidays etc.).
If you think you've got what it takes, email email@example.com
How Do We Promote The Acts We Represent?
We advertise extensively in the wedding press and are in fact the largest advertisers of any kind in some magazines.
We have national listings on Confetti.co.uk and on Hitched.com and feature on many other wedding and event related web sites - too many to list here.
In the last few years we have advertised on regional television using their micro regions scheme, which brought us massive coverage and nationally with a successful campaign on The Wedding Channel. As far as we are aware we are the only agency in the U.K to have used this media.
We have been featured in and have advertised with national press, with articles in The Herald, The Sun, The Express and The Daily Record
We advertise in many local publications and feature in a huge amount of venue literature.
We're on the recommended list for many of the best venues and events companies in the country.
We employ a full time, Google certified SEO expert who works tirelessly to ensure we maintain our position at the top of the worlds biggest search engines.
The costs involved for this level of promotion are staggering and run into tens of thousands of pounds, but we plan to continue and in fact increase our position as major buyers of advertising, actively promoting hireaband and the acts we represent.
Take advantage of our huge spending power, industry expertise and national branding by deciding to join with us and featuring your act on our website and roster.
Hireaband Managing Director